Latest News: Veja and Co would like to welcome Richard Jefferies to our Criminal Department. | Veja and Co would like to congratulate Marina Philips, who has successfully passed her examinations to become a Higher Rights Advocate. | Raj Veja secures acquittal in multi-million pound fraud case in Leicester Crown Court involving Hawala financial practices.
Care Proceedings

When Social Services have concerns about a family, they must take steps to ensure that children are kept safe. Sometimes it becomes necessary for social workers to be involved with the family and we can help at all stages of the legal process surrounding public law applications to the court and care proceedings, from the initial case conference through to care proceedings.

We offer legal advice to parents of children or to same sex couples with children who are subject to social work involvement, but we also offer advice to grandparents and other extended family members who may wish to care for the children if they cannot return home.

Whether the Local Authority is applying for a care order or a supervision order, where there is to be a case conference or a pre proceedings meeting or where you simply need advice about children who are in foster care, then we have a dedicated team who can advise you.

We can also help you to respond to police protection orders or emergency situations and court hearings if necessary. Public funding (also known as Legal Aid) is often available for families facing social services involvement.

Our expert team includes members of the Law Society Children's Panel, a formal accreditation awarded by the Law Society to solicitors who meet their criteria as specialists in matters concerning children. We can also assist in the surrounding areas such as Children & Local Authorities, Child Protection Registers and Post Care Proceeding matters.