Latest News: Veja and Co would like to welcome Richard Jefferies to our Criminal Department. | Veja and Co would like to congratulate Marina Philips, who has successfully passed her examinations to become a Higher Rights Advocate. | Raj Veja secures acquittal in multi-million pound fraud case in Leicester Crown Court involving Hawala financial practices.
Civil Partnership Visa

Relationships with foreign nationals are difficult when they need a visa, but we can help.

They say that love knows no boundaries, but life can certainly throw a few obstacles in your path.

If you are in a relationship with a foreign national whose visa is about to expire, our specialist immigration solicitors can help keep you together.

Visa applications are rarely straightforward, and can be time consuming, but some things are worth waiting for.

The most realistic option is for your partner to return to their own country and apply for a Civil Partnership Visa (it can't be done from the UK).

You will need to officially sponsor your partner and be prepared to act as a guarantor (we will explain what this means in full when we meet). You will be expected to provide evidence of your financial status, including salary details and recent bank statements, as well as evidence of your UK accommodation.

The visa application is more likely to be successful if you can provide evidence of your relationship too, such as photographs, telephone bills, travel tickets and so on. The more the merrier.

Be prepared for some lengthy form filling, but as long as you remain positive, co-operative, well prepared and accurate, you should soon be back together again.

For a Civil Partnership Visa you will need:

  • Completed application form
  • Passport and passport sizes photographs
  • Certified copy of civil partner's passport to prove he or she is British or is settled in the UK
  • Sponsorship letter from civil partner detailing the relationship
  • Evidence of civil partner's current financial position in the UK
  • Evidence of civil partner's accommodation in the UK
  • Evidence of relationship
  • Visa fee